Landscape Gardening refers to an aesthetic field in Horticulture that deals with the planting and placement of ornamental trees and plants in an arrangement that gives rise to a picturesque scene. It’s an interesting and fascinating subject. Landscape gardening may be defined to be the process of decorating a plot with trees, plants, and other attractive garden materials for producing a naturalistic and picturesque effect. Consult your nearby Blackheath tree care experts if you’d like to learn more about landscape gardening.
Landscape gardening is a science and an art at the same time. It transforms a ground into a fantastic piece of heaven and makes it look no different from a natural landscape. Landscape gardening imitates nature right in your garden. It also improves the overall environment of people living in an area. Landscape gardening may reflect quiet, retired, bold, or gay elements. These expressions are dependent on the purpose and place. However, landscape gardening doesn’t mean that you can collect interesting objects and dump them together – the objects have to match together to create a complete picture.
Important Landscaping Principles
Here are some cardinal principles of landscaping gardening:
- Utility and beauty should be combined in a harmonious manner
- Overcrowding of objects and plants has to be avoided
- The landscape should also have lots of open space
- The plan’s execution must revolve around a simple design
- The plot has to be split into various parts and plans must be conceived properly for all areas in such a way that an observer is capable of understanding the entire plan’s purpose and effects without needing to analyze it in detail.
It is become commonplace to change landscape gardening styles as times change. Broadly, these are classified under 3 categories:
- Informal Style: It represents complete, natural beauty and a naturalistic view. It uses an asymmetrical and flexible plan. Paths and roads are made bending and curvaceous. Water bodies have irregular shapes. Plants aren’t trimmed but pruned on an annual basis. That is how an informal style is done.
- Formal Style: Here, plans are first made on paper and land is chosen accordingly. It follows a symmetrical plan. All arrangements, including the gardens, flower beds, shrubs, trees, cascades, water pools, fountains, etc., follow a symmetric style. Regular training and trimming is also done for retaining them in shape.
- Free style gardening: It combines the best features of both informal and formal gardening styles.
What factors affect landscape gardening design?
There happen to be a number of factors that affect the development of a suitable landscape gardening design. We are among the top Blackheath tree care experts, who take the following factors into consideration:
- Human desire: Man’s only desire is to enhance the comfort and pleasure in his immediate surroundings. A suitable landscape gardening design is one that enables this desire.
- Climate: A place’s climate also affects the plants that are selected for a garden. Only those plant materials that thrive in those conditions are to be chosen.
- Soil: A suitable plant has to be chosen based on the soil type.
- Views: It would be better if the garden also provided a splendid view of a valley, woods, hills, mountains, etc.
- Heritage: Our extraordinary heritage can teach us to utilize fragrant tress and flowers for enhancing our surroundings.
- Site: A suitable design must be made after taking the shape, size, and topography of the place into consideration.
Read Next article – What are the different kinds of Trees? – Deciduous Trees – Coniferous Trees